This is my journey to become a police officer in Toronto







Monday, April 19, 2010

Week 6

Hi Everyone!


Weight 59.6kg
Best 2.4km run 16mins 0secs


MONDAY-SATURDAY  2.4km run/10 girl push ups, 20 lunges, 10 burpees, 10 squat thrusts, 20 sit ups, 10X Running up & down steps/40mins power walk (with dog)
SUNDAY  Hiking



At the beginning of the week I decided to push myself really hard. Mistake. I ran, went hiking and did some major calisthenics with free weights. The next day my body was in so much pain that I couldn't walk! Not even on a flat surface! I hobbled around for the next 3 days!! I didn't run everyday, so my best run is worse than last week's attempt.


I am getting better at running and losing weight, but I still need to run 2.4km in under 12mins! I'm not even close! I don't go to the gym because I really enjoy the outdoors, but I think I'll need to start lifting weights soon. I want to be strong enough to protect the community, myself and my partner. Perhaps, I can even reach Madonna's level of fitness. She has well-defined arms!

On another note, I decided to start volunteering for St John's Ambulance, as well as a community policing centre. It sounds really fun and I might get to save a life! 


Please leave comments & thanks for reading!**

8 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Good luck with your goal - I really believe that if you stick to things and they are truly what you want you can get them. The place I work now, I applied 13 times to work there before I got an interview and 15 times before I got a job! So keep trying as long as it is your dream because you are always improving yourself so each time there is more chance of you getting what you want.

    Also, I'm going to be interested in your strengthening exercises - as I've always been far too heavy (and also quite strong) I really don't like the thought of losing all this weight and suddenly being able to be pushed about! I might start up some self defence classes as a way of maintaining my weight once I get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's is really motivating! I'll post the strengthening exercising on my blog next week!
    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up! But don't forget that muscle is heavier than fat, so weight gain isn't all bad ;)
    PS. Victoria PD are 50 officers under establishment if you can stand the trip on BC Ferries :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hogday!
    We're probably moving to Toronto next year, so I'll apply there in another 2 years.
    I know how competitive it is, so I'll be applying to many different departments until I land one & then stay there until I retire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mother was born in Toronto.There are many extensions of the Hogday family there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Are you going to move to Canada or stay in the UK? My family moved here (BC) in 2002. My hubby has relatives in Toronto, so we'll be nearer to them next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still deciding. (Why trade Pacific coast weather for Ontario? It'll be cheaper to become a regular flyer with WestJet than heat/aircon your home in Toronto LoL).

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Yes the weather is extreme in Toronto, but at least the sun shines! BC is constantly grey and rainy (just like England!) :)

    ReplyDelete