This is my journey to become a police officer in Toronto







Monday, March 8, 2010

Basic Requirements

Hi Everyone!

In order to be a police officer in Canada you need: (I checked the ones I have)


BASIC REQUIREMENTS

  • To be a Canadian citizen/Landed immigrant     check
  • Minimum 19 years of age     check
  • Excellent character     check
  • Grade 12 and 30 credits of post secondary     check
  • No criminal convictions     check
  • No improper conduct     check
  • A valid & clean driver's licence     check
  • Be able to type 25wpm     check
  • Vision & Hearing requirements     check
  • Be physically fit enough to pass the physical test    uh-oh!
  • Pass medical requirements     check
PREFERRED QUALIFICTIONS
  • First Aid & CPR     uh-oh!
  • Volunteer work at Community Policing Centre     check
  • Additional Volunteer work     check
  • Knowledge of a second language     uh-oh!
  • Other accomplishments     uh-oh!
  • Work experience with public &/ with responsibility     check
OK ~ it's not all bad. I can improve my fitness & language if I work hard. I can get certificates & accomplishments in the next few months. (I have a scuba diving licence & an expired 1st Aid & CPR certificate BUT that doesn't help me!!!)


Please leave comments & thanks for reading!**

No comments:

Post a Comment