This is my journey to become a police officer in Toronto







Monday, March 15, 2010

Week 1

Hi Everyone!


Weight  62.6kg/137.7lbs
Best 2.4km Run  17 mins 02 secs


MONDAY-SATURDAY  2.4km run/10 girl push ups, 20 lunges, 20 side lunges, 10 squat thrusts, 20 sit ups, 20 jumping jacks/40mins power walk (with dog)
SUNDAY  Hiking


I've started doing mysteries on the internet. It's really fun! Here's an example from http://www.mysterynet.com:


The time of death was firmly established. At 10:06 p.m. all three suspects said they heard a gunshot echo through the house. The house was shared by the Harrison quads, a set of fraternal quadruplets whose relationship was anything but brotherly. Technically speaking, the Harrisons were now triplets, since Harry, the oldest by a minute, was lying in his second story bedroom, nursing a bullet in his lifeless chest.




Harry, it seemed, had been a ladies' man. He had even bragged about seducing the girlfriend of one of his brothers. Unfortunately, the police didn't know which one. They arrived quickly, separating the three remaining men and interviewing each one separately.
"I was working on my car," Tom Harrison insisted. "I plugged an extension cord into an outlet behind the house. Then I took a work light around to the side driveway, in front of the garage. I was working on the engine when I heard the gunshot. It took me a second to realize it was coming from the house. Then I ran inside to check."
The second suspect entered the room with a noticeable limp. "I had just come home," explained brother Dick. "I parked in the alley behind the house. I was walking up to the back door when I tripped hard over some cord. I fell down, then just sat there, rubbing my ankle. Maybe two minutes later came the gunshot. That got me moving."
The third suspect claimed that he had just come down to the kitchen. "I was starting to scoop out a bowl of ice cream," said Ignatius, the youngest Harrison. "Then I heard a noise out back. I looked out, but it was dark. I went back to my ice cream. A couple minutes later I heard the shot."
The detectives circled the house. In the kitchen, they found a melted bowl of ice cream on the counter by the refrigerator. In the backyard, they saw an orange extension cord with a bent prong that had been ripped from an outdoor socket. Following the extension cord around, they found Tom's car in front of the garage, the work light suspended over the open hood.
"At least they're not identical quads," the chief detective observed. "I hate working on clichéd mysteries."
"Well, cliche or not," his assistant mumbled, "it's pretty clear who's lying."
So who's lying? Is it Tom, Dick or Ignatius? What gave it away?
I'll tell you the answer next week!
Please leave comments & thanks for reading!**


1 comment: